Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MY FIRST LUCID DREAM!

Well, I finally had my first lucid dream last night!  Only problem was that I got too excited!

In my dream, I was driving to work.  I remember looking over at the passenger seat and seeing my camera bag and felt glad I had it with me because it was a clear day and the view of the mountains in the distance had never looked more beautiful.  In real life, I have the view of the Sierra Nevada mountains and they look amazing in winter with all the snow.  The difference was that in my dream, the view of the mountains was in front of me instead of being on my right side.  

So, I keep on driving and all of a sudden, I notice that there are NO other cars around.  It is completely empty and I think to myself "This is weird, did I come to work on a Saturday or is it some sort of special holiday, but even so, there still should be some traffic".  Then, a realization hits me and I pull over to the side of the road, more like screech to a halt, I quickly get out of the car and mentally prepare myself to make a statement, I say "Oh my goodness, I am dreaming!".  I have read that one of the things you should do right away when you realize you are dreaming is to do a reality check.    For me, it is my hands.  I will look at my hands and count my fingers to see if I am in a dream.  If I don't see 10 fingers clearly, I am dreaming.   So I put my hands in front of me and sure enough, my left hand had only three fingers!



That is when I got so excited at the realization that I could now do anything.  I felt a huge emotional energy and one of the things that a lot of lucid dreamers like to experience is flight.  So I thought, before this dream fades I want to do that right away.  So I crouch down and prepare to jump really high and I do!  I actually FELT like I was flying.  I was going up high, I kept coming down but I would push myself up again and it felt incredible, but I was way too much excited and I was losing the dream.  I remember trying to get control of it.  I kept saying, "no no no!"  I kept trying to focus on my hands again, but it was no use... the dream faded and I woke up but I had a big smile on my face! It was amazing to experience that even if it was only for a little bit.  



I hope I can experience it again.  Hopefully I can remain calm next time and stay in the dream!  They say that the things that normally work is to try to spin around, or just keep doing something active like flying, or dancing, or anything to get the brain to stay in the dream.  They say you may find yourself transported to a completely different place once the scene has re-appeared.  You can even us the spinning action, or anything else that blurs your "dream vision" and imagine that you will appear somewhere else that you want to be, once you stop.    


No comments:

Post a Comment